Harvest Church is built upon the firm foundation of the Word of God. Simply stated, our heart is learn more about God through His Word and put into practice all that we learn. The Scriptures act as both a guide and an anchor for everything that we do.
Though we do not have any direct denominational association, we affiliate with and support churches, men, and women who love God and are called according to His purpose. Our statement of faith is not complicated and can be summarized in this: we believe that the Lord Jesus Christ is first and foremost above all, and we strive to know and serve Him better.
Light is progressive, the more we seek after God the more truth we see and the clearer we see it. Here are 10 truths that we have learned through following Him.
1. WE BELIEVE…The Scriptures are inspired by God and declare His design and plan for mankind.
2. WE BELIEVE…There is only One True God–revealed in three persons…Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (commonly known as the Trinity). And as God’s Son, Jesus Christ was both human and divine.
3. WE BELIEVE…Every person can have restored fellowship with God through "Salvation" (accepting Christ’s offer of forgiveness for sin).
4. WE BELIEVE…And practice two ordinances—(1) Water Baptism by immersion after repenting of one’s sins and receiving Christ’s gift of salvation, and (2) Holy Communion (the Lord’s Supper) as a symbolic remembrance of Christ’s suffering and death for our salvation.
5. WE BELIEVE…The Baptism in the Holy Spirit is a special experience following Salvation that empowers Believers for witnessing and effective service, just as it did in New Testament times. Physical evidence of this Baptism is "Speaking in Tongues," as experienced on the Day of Pentecost and referenced throughout Acts and The Epistles.
6. WE BELIEVE…The Church has a mission to seek and save all who are lost in sin. We believe "the Church" is the Body of Christ and consists of the people who, throughout time, have accepted God’s offer of redemption through the sacrificial death of His Son Jesus Christ.
7. WE BELIEVE…Divine healing of the sick is a privilege for Christians today and is provided for in Christ’s atonement (His sacrificial death on the Cross for our sins).
8. WE BELIEVE…That the Holy Spirit leads the children of God today making guidance and wisdom available to every Christian.
9. WE BELIEVE…The Lord desires to provide for the tangible and intangible needs of His children and the work He calls them to.
10. WE BELIEVE…And look forward to the perfect New Heavens and a New Earth that Christ is preparing for all people, for all time, who have accepted Him. We will live and dwell with Him there forever.